- WILDFLOWER lyricist Dave Richardson died in Victoria, BC on August 15, 2019. Composer Doug Edwards died at home in Vancouver on November 11, 2016 after a prolonged illness. Rest in peace, beloved friends.
- Wildflower is performed by British jazz luminary Liane Carroll in Humanité -The Beloved Community, a musical documentary channeling the ethos of civil rights in a raw and passionate bid for global harmony, for release in Dec 2019. The film is produced by Grammy award winning saxophonist Kirk Whalum, who included Wildflower on his new CD Humanité.
Video trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-XnBrYmNi0
- Wildflower is featured in David Foster's documentary OFF THE RECORD which was nominated for Best Canadian Film at the Toronto International Film Festival where it premiered in September 2019. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10655608/
- In 2018 Wildflower was featured in Episode 8 of the docudrama Unsolved in the touching moment when Afeni Shakur learns of her son Tupac's murder. Now available on Netflix.
- In 2017 Wildflower, sung by Journey lead singer Arnel Pineda, was the English theme song of the 200 episode Filipino revenge drama Wildflower, named after the song.
- As of July 15, 2016, WILDFLOWER is administered worldwide by Kobalt Music
All existing licenses issued prior to July 1, 2004 continue to be administered by and
payable to the Harry Fox Agency.
- After over 75 mainly male covers of Wildflower, recently there are three female versions:
In October 2014 Andrea L'Heureux released a version produced by Valley Hennell on her debut CD Hymns for Her, with Nico Rhodes on piano. www.andrealheureux.com/music
- In February 2015 Joelle Rabu and Nico Rhodes released her French translation Fleur Sauvage on their duo CD FULL CIRCLE. http://www.joellerabu.com/?page_id=345
- In summer 2015 South African artist Kim Sangion released a ukelele version of her Kimstonia EP.
- In 2013 Wildflower was featured as a tribute his mother in Mike Tyson's HBO special UNDISPUTED TRUTH.
- May 20, 2013 is the 40th anniversary of Skylark's Wildflower reaching the Billboard Top Ten.
- A book on the life story of WILDFLOWER lyricist/policeman/lay minister Dave Richardson, entitled THE HAND THAT WRITES THE LOVE SONG ALSO HOLD THE GUN, written by his wife Lesley Richardson, was published in Victoria, BC on Jan 31, 2013 and is available from http://www.elation-press.com/products.html.
- Estelle's Akon-penned Jerry Wonda-produced hit THANK YOU which samples the Creative Source version of WILDFLOWER, from her album ALL OF ME, was nominated for Best R&B Performance in the 2013 Grammy Awards. The album was released in February 2012, along with a Busta Rhymes remix of the single. THANK YOU spent 50 weeks on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hiphop Songs, peaking at #15.
- On April 2, 2011 WILDFLOWER was inducted into the Canadian Songwriters Hall of Fame. Congratulations Doug and David!
- In February 2011 FLEUR SAUVAGE, the first French version of WILDFLOWER translated by Canadian chanteuse Joelle Rabu, was released by LA musician/producer Maurice Gainen on the world music CD THE SOUNDS OF FREEDOM, with vocals by Karoline Blandin in France. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/MauriceGainen.
- In summer 2010 Canadian rapper Drake sampled WILDFLOWER in MISS ME featuring Lil Wayne, the third single from his platinum CD THANK ME LATER which debuted at #1 in both Canada and the US. A video of MISS ME featuring Lil Wayne directed by Anthony Mandler was released in August. THANK ME LATER was nominated for multiple 2011 Grammy and Juno Awards.
- In 2008 a country version by Blake Shelton was recorded live at the
David Foster tribute concert DAVID FOSTER AND FRIENDS,
broadcast on PBS TV and released on the CD and DVD HITMAN